Microbial Cocopeat is an environment-friendly bio technology product. It is specially formulated cocopeat based inoculant for organic composting. Comprising of selectively isolated microbial strains that can enhance the decomposition process and convert organic wastes into high value organic manure.
Microbial Cocopeat contains naturally derived enzymes and Saprophytic bacteria originally derived from soil which utilize only non-living organic matter as a food source, It is a unique combination of mesophilic and thermophilic bacteria, molds and yeasts, consisting different types of microbial cultures, all of which occur naturally in soil, but in very small numbers.
Why should you opt for Microbial Cocopeat?
- Odourless process
- Fast composting period
- High quality final compost
- Improved land application
- Excellent soil conditioner
The process involves adding all the wet waste (vegetarian, non-vegetarian, diary, vegetable and fruit scraps etc) to a specially designed composting cage, (shown below) spreading it evenly and then adding a layer of Microbial Cocopeat, followed by a layer of dry leaves. There is no churning or stirring necessary. Compost can be obtained in about 25-30 days.
How does Microbial Cocopeat control odour?
- Odour emission during composting is due to the release of hydrogen sulphide or ammonia during the degradation process.
- Sometimes the odour may be due to the metabolic pathway of the degrading organism which is dominating the system at that point of time.
- An over-abundance of anaerobic microbes in the compost pile leads to putrefaction and emission of foul odour from the compost pile
- Microbial Cocopeat Compost accelerator contains special strains that do not cause putrefaction during the degradation pathway.
- These beneficial microbes ensure that there is no or minimal production of ammonia and hydrogen sulphide, thus eliminating the concerns of strong foul odours emanating from the compost pile.